Queen Mary’s Hospital Roehampton
Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton is a hospital in the south west of London, United Kingdom part of St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust.
Duration: 120 days
Our service delivery
We were appointed to construct new ward and rehabilitation spaces to allow space for a Neuro rehabilitation unit to be moved from a partnering hospital. These works were undertaken in a live hospital environment and encompassed a full fit out & M&E services including:
- The conversion of the existing staff changing rooms at lower ground floor to 3 and 4 bed patient wards as an extension to the current Wolfson ward
- The conversion of an area of shell space on the upper ground floor of the hospital to provide a Neuro Rehabilitation Unit consisting of group/therapy rooms, day room, dining space, gym area and treatment rooms
- The fit out of former ACU rooms at upper Ground floor level to provide the required office accommodation
- The conversion of the current day room within the lower ground floor Wolfson ward to 1 and 6 bed patient wards together with upgrades to other rooms on the ward
- The conversion of various training rooms at first floor level to provide new staff rest rooms
- The conversion of various offices at second floor level to provide a new female changing area
Working in a challenging live hospital environment, we built essential relationships with the medical staff on the wards and their heads of department to ensure patients respect and dignity was not compromised. The agreed program was phased to ensure each phase was completed before the next phase commenced for minimal disruption to the hospitals day to day business. All works were carried out in strict accordance with latest HTM’s and HBM’s.