MJ Ferguson Services Limited were appointed to remove all tiles from the stairs and landings, and strengthen the stairs with tile backer boards. The tiles were set out and laid to match with the existing pattern on the bottom of the stairs and blended with the top of the stairs.
Description of works:
- Removal of tiles on staircase and landing, stair nosings and ply landings.
- Assess and identify existing issues with the subfloor and undertake works to stop movement and squeaking, where appropriate.
- Strengthen top landing to ensure the sublayer of raised flooring access is supported with the correct supports, fixed to the main joists of the stairs to eliminated issues
- Installation of ditra matting, and tile back boards to stairs and landings to support any issues with movement from the timber make up of the building
- Installation of sealant to perimeter of tiles and bottom of stair treads
- Installation of new stair nosings.
- Carry out silicone works to the tiles themselves to create a professional finish and grout the joints.